Friday, June 12, 2009

*Update on Operation Attitude Change*

Well, we had to move the cleaning outside! The attitude is just getting worse. Not that the inside of my house is clean, just thought they would get a little more out of some sweat and harder manual labor. We have a large front yard. We have a total of 1.5 acres of land and most of it is the front yard. So we thought push mowing would help do the trick. They took turns mowing. Around and around they went.

We have riding lawn mowers that we share with Trey's parents who live next door...and total we have 6 acres that we take care of. So they pushed and pushed. Really didn't take them long to mow the area that Daddy chose for them. And guess what??? They enjoyed it!!! Are you kidding me??? Even the friend that was over at the time wanted to help. What is wrong with them??? I guess I thought it was fun when I was little too, but, man that didn't work.

So, we moved inside again. This time to the bathroom.


Scrubbing the toilets!! Yucky!! Seems to be working. The attitudes are changing...we seem to be getting along better....we seem to be kinder....



UNTIL.....


Mommy got tired. Mommy got really tired. I slacked off. I started threatening to wash instead of making them wash. My fault completely! I have learned that I can not be distracted when it comes to the discipline of my children. I must stay on course. I must fight the fight. I must finish the race. No matter how tired I become. I can't get distracted by other things. Like...VBS...I was so stinking tired this past week with VBS and the late nights, that I didn't keep the course. I failed. BUT, I am back. Mommy is losing her mind again. Mommy wants to know what happened to my children...were they abducted by aliens and replaced by mean, rude little turkeys??? So, today, we are scrubbing again. Scrubbing the kitchen floor and the front door and entry way. Maybe we will be able to get back to where we were. Still praying for God to use me as His tool.

Oh, and lots of new ideas from some amazing friends. We are going to start them this week as well and I will try to post soon how they are working out. I am ready for a CHANGE!!! :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I so remember those days!! Kepp at it!! It makes me laugh because I was reading it and it was like I could hear yall talking! and the pic of Autumn cleaning the fridge is HILIARIOUS!!! -Rebecca