Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Drugs??

Ok...just a little funny from an 8 year old!!

We are driving down 29th Street, we pass Bryan High, and she is just soaking in all the scenery.


Then it happen!! The funny!!!


I hear from the back seat:

"Mommy?"

"Autumn?" (that is how I have started to answer her...do you know how many times I have heard my name said that way since summer vacation began???? UUGGHH!)


"Appletree's sign says DRUGS! Why are they selling drugs???"

insert me laughing!

"Autumn, they sell drugs that the doctors says is okay to take not bad drugs!" me still laughing!!


Thank you Lord for her!! She is so funny sometimes and I needed that reminder!!


Ok, this all came from Trey's work...the drug thingy. He did a major booboo at work on Monday...took out some power lines, snapped a power pole, and knocked out a whole power grid. Well, he called me to say that he was okay but they were taking him to get a drug test. Autumn heard this conversation and was alarmed!!!


"Why do they think daddy does drugs? My daddy doesn't do drugs!!!"

I explain to her that it was a rule any time there was an accident at work. She said ok, but I don't think she was truly convinced! I believe that she thinks the people that her daddy works with thinks he does drugs....oh to be 8!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

We had the same drug conversation yesterday! (not about daddy doing drugs - lol), just that there are legal and illegal drugs. I dont think they got it either. Thanks to public schools and the SAY NO TO DRUGS campaign. :)Glad your daddy was ok!

brickmomma said...

Funny conversation!!

I like the red and black blog - esp with that Bug picture!!!