Saturday, April 18, 2009

Remember!

I love changing my blog to go along with the Holidays that we will be celebrating that month. But as May comes close, I was trying to decide if I wanted to celebrate Mother's Day or Memorial Day. This Mother's Day will not be easy for me, 2nd year without my mom here, so I decided to focus on Memorial Day. Let us not forget how we got our Freedom!! The men and women who give their lives for our freedom everyday, need to be remembered and thanked for their love of our country. My father served in the United States Air Force. He flew in WWII and the Korean War (Conflict)!! I am thankful that he chose to fight for freedom. I have several family members that have served in the military. Where would we be if they did not love this country so much?? I shudder at the thought!!

I am proud to be an American, I hope you are too!!

(I have to warn you about one of the songs playing...Toby Keith as a few choice words in the song "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue"...I love this song. You can skip it or just turn it off) :)

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

My nephew is serving in the Army as a sniper. My girls and
I have made a Pac --every time we see an American Flag, we stop and pray for Jarred and the other soldiers fighting for our continued freedom. It is awesome to hear a four year old pray for our country. Thank You for this post and the musical accompaniment.