Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day

I want to share with you all the scrapbook that I made for my father...it is not just an ordinary scrapbook...it is one to honor his days serving this country :) It was given to my father on his birthday. The birthday before we found out that he had cancer. The first picture is at his party! It is the last picture that shows my dad truly happy!! He is wearing a Airforce hat and bomber jacket that we gave him as well....which is now hanging in my closet.




(I am sorry if it looks grainy or not quite right...it is a picture of a picture.)

My father was really proud of this country and serving it was an honor!! I remember lots of stories that he shared...if only I had written them down!! The next several pictures are of the book. I hope you can see them okay, I had to turn the flash off because of the glare off the plastic covering.

Ok...I loved making this book for my dad and now my children can enjoy it as well :)

Thanks Daddy for serving your country and willing to die for it! We all thank you for your service ♥

1 comment:

Becky said...

Shelly, that is a great book!! What a great showing of part of his legacy!!
We appreciate what he, and everyone else, did, has done, and is doing for this country!!