Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tomorrow

March 2ND, just any other day to most. Nothing special, just another busy day in their life. Go to church, lunch, back home, rest, and get ready for another day. But for some it is a day of remembrance. A day that is not celebrated. A day that is not exactly joyful. For me March 2ND is a day almost to sad to remember. For me, it was the one and only time that I was able to hold my baby girl. The only time that I was able to count her fingers. The only time I was able to kiss her little feet. The only time that I was able to stroke her little cheek. For me, March 2ND is not her birthday...but what I have decided to call "Evey's special day". It is special for two reasons...it was the only day that Trey and I were able to hold her and it is the day that we say that she went to live with Jesus. So tomorrow, I will go and put spring Tulips on her grave. I will remember how tiny she was but how big her little life touch so many. I will remember how excited we all were about her joining our family. I will remember all the wonderful things that were done for us when we lost her. I will remember the last time I felt her kick me. I will remember the last time I heard her heart beat. I will remember how much I wanted her. I will remember how much I love her. I will remember the pain. I will remember the love that was shown to our family during our grief. I will remember. I will be thankful for the short time that I was able to have her inside of me. I will be thankful for the other 3 little lives that God has blessed me with. I will be thankful.

Little Angels

When God calls little children to
dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometimes question the
wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with the
death of one small child,
Who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling the
aged to His fold,
So He picks a rose bud before
it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
and so He takes but a few,
To make the land of heaven more
beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows
will always be "Goodbye".
So when a little child departs
we who are left behind
Must realize God loves children,
and angels are hard to find.

3 comments:

brickmomma said...

oh my.

i am covered in goosebumps.

i, too, remember.

Becky said...

That is beautifully written Shelly! Thanks for sharing that from your heart. I remember that time too.....and am thinking of you today!

Donuts R Evil said...

I haven't had time to read blogs too much lately but glad I stopped by today to remember Baby E. Thanks for blessing me with your sweet words about her! I'm going to go hug my babies a little harder and a little longer!