Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mommy's Day

Mommy's Day...what is mommy's day anway?? It is a day that is set apart for familys to treat their mommy's like queens...right? Shouldn't we be treated that way every day??

Today was not a great day for me. I had no mommy to shower. No mommy to call. No mommy to hug. No mommy to say I love you to. I didn't even want to celebrate. Nothing special for me please. Just wanted to enjoy my family. After church we went to Trey's moms and gave her the presents we had for her. That was it. One trip. No where else to go. I didn't want to stay home either. Technically it was my day and I knew if I stayed home I would have to do some kind of cleaning...nope...we decided to run around instead. Not that, that was a good idea either...gas prices are too high just to be running around town. We went to the mall. Bath and Body was having this great sale on Anit-bacterial hand soap, so I picked some up for a friend and some more for me. We got the kids some new shoes, bought a part for the lawn mower, looked at the puppies, and yeah, that is about it. Left the mall, went to have dinner...my favorite...Johnny Carinos...LOVE IT!!! Then to blockbuster...rented PS I love you...then to CVS...wanted to cash is on some deals and earn some ECB's. Then home.

Yep that was my day.

Nothing exciting or special.

I don't feel like celebrating.

I miss my mommy!!!

So, Mommy in Heaven..............................

Happy Mother's Day! I wish you were here to hug. I love you vey much. I want to say thank you for all the wonderful things that you did in my life. I hope that I can be all that you were to me, to my children. You were amazing to me and I will try to live my life in a way that will make you proud. I know that you are having the greatest time in Heaven and knowing that you are there does bring my heart some peace. One day when I join you, we will hug again....until then...I love you!!!!





Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends!!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

This is sad to me. I am so sorry.

You ARE a great momma. And you have 3 amazing kiddos to love on!!