Monday, May 26, 2008

I am a FANATIC!!!

Ok...like most I have never been a coupon clipper. Didn't see any need for it...all the coupons that I saw was for other brands...not the ones I was use to using. I always just threw away the coupons and sale adds. I wanted to save money, I just didn't think that was going to be the way to do it. BUT now...

I AM A BELIEVER!!!

I have been collecting and sorting coupons for about a month now. My friend shared her strategies with me, how to organize, and how to really combined to save. And what a blessing it has been. I have started a little stock pile. I say little because I know some of you have a LARGE stock pile going on.

A lady in Krogers the other day questioned me about my notebook. When I started to tell her about what I was taught, she became excited. She was worried about the time that it took to get the notebook organized after all the clipping and searching for coupons. I told her this was my part time job. My husband is the major bread winner in our family so that I can stay home with the children. I feel as though I am contributing to our financial situation now. I do work parttime at CBC, but we are out for the summer and I was concerned on how we were going to make it through the summer months without my income...and now....no worries!!! I prayed that God would send some help...whatever form of help that would be. I am thankful for Him showing me that he has given us all that we need...I just need to be more frugal. I needed to be more aware of what I was spending and where. I believe that he sent me the help that I needed through friends who are trying to be good stewards of what the Lord gave to them. All the glory goes to God!!!

I am sure some of you are wondering...just how much you can save with coupons??? Let me tell you, some days are great saving days and some are not. My best shopping trips are at Krogers. The first time I really used what I had learned my saving were amazing !!!

Before sales and coupons

Total $299.00

After sales and coupons

Total $182.00

Savings $117.00 Almost 50% of my bill!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!

The other day my budget was limited...should I say very limited!!!! I only needed a few things to get to payday, but I wanted to try out a new plan!! I walked out of Krogers with 26 items and paid $26.00!! It was a savings of 55%!!! I had toothpaste, makeup, shampoo, conditioner, milk, cheese, lunch meat, deodorant, and other stuff as well!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! I am so happy!! But I have to tell you that it takes some serious time. I spend a lot of time clipping and organizing coupons from the newspaper. I spend a lot of time on the computer searching for deals. There are a lot of websites out there that will help lead you in the right direction. I am going to post some of the links soon!!

With the price on living constantly on the rise, especially gas prices, we all need to find ways to be more frugal. Be aware of what God has given you...He always supplies just what you need...then it is up to you on what you do with it!!!!!!

Thank you all for your help and thank you Lord for providing for your children :)

4 comments:

Suzan said...

Shelly, you are doing great with the coupons...it is inspiring me to quit procrastinating! I have the notebook, I have the dividers, I read all the posts... just got to dive in!! why am I like that??? such a scaredy cat! just found your blog... it is great!

Becky said...

Good job! Ditto all you said!!

Kathleen said...

I'm so excited for you, Shelly. I know you were skeptical like me so I know how hard it is to convert. Keep it up, girl!

Laura Brittain said...

Shelly, I'm now a believer, too (I was just like you) ... and after just one Sunday of clipping coupons! I bought $205 worth of stuff at Kroger and only paid $115 for it this past Sunday! My husband was AMAZED and like you I feel like I'm "earning money."

Also, I'm LOVING your Toby Mac music on your blog. He's my favorite. We went to his concert in Houston last October and WOW! It was AWESOME! He's my favorite Christian (or any other) artist I think!

Keep up the good work with the coupons. I can hardly wait to be doing this for a month or so and see what I can save!