Monday, April 7, 2008

Daddy's Hands

I love this song!!! I have always thought of my dad when I heard this song and now that he is gone, it really reminds me of him. My dad was never really "tough" with me, seeing how I was his baby :) He did work hard for his family and made sacrifices so that we could all do our extra stuff. He lived a long life, and a full one at that!! I remember sitting beside his bed, holding his hand, and trying to burn an image of his hands in my memory so that I would never forget the hands that taught me to read, throw a softball, and ride a bike. I never want to forget the hands that taught me how to write my name, how to use the lawn mower, how to swim, how to change a tire, how to drive, and how to love. I never want to forget!! This song helps me to remember all that he did for me. I love my Daddy and miss him terribly.....

Here's to you Daddy!!!!!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

tears, tears and more tears... thanks for sharing!

(& I LOVE LOVE LOVE the header pic of your kids!!!!! PRECIOUS!)