Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mattew 28:18-20

"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age'"

I am so amazed at my daughter. Her love for Christ is so evident in her actions. I am praising the Lord for her daily :) One of my earlier posts showed how she was without fear to read her bible in school. I saw in her book bag today that she is taking her bible to school daily. I wasn't sure how long it would all last, but apparently it is lasting longer than I thought it would. She loves her God and is not afraid to tell the nations about it. Trey and I often wonder if God will call her the mission field one day. She is just so not afraid to tell the whole world what a wonderful God she serves and all that he has done for her. Her heart is overflowing with the love of Christ and it is pouring out on all she meets. On the second practice for softball this year she very blantently asked her coach if he believed in the Lord Jesus as his Savior!!! What courage she has...I don't think that I was ever able to do that. Her teacher was so shocked when she started inviting her sons to the youth group and all the activities that we had going on. I talked to her teacher one day and she said it was sweet of Autumn to want her boys to join in the activities. I told her that she was not worried about whether or not they had friends but she was more worried about their salvation. Shocked was the response that I recieved. I don't think that Autumn realizes that the bible states 366 times "Do not fear..." , because she has already mastered the fear factor. Tonight she displayed that again. We were at blockbuster returning some movies and getting some new ones. I was a little displeased with the releases that came out this week....golden compass being one of them. I was talking the the lady that was working about and I told her that we would never be renting that movie...ever!! She looked at me and agreed. I told her it was a spiritual thing for me...again she agreed. This lady was so sweet and very genuine. When we got in the car and started talking about it, Trey mentioned that we should have invited her to church. I said maybe you should take her a flyer (it was one that we were passing out to neighborhood about upcoming events at our church). Trey looked at me like....me?? Then we heard Autumn from the backseat....I will take it!!! She grabbed the flyer, went inside and told the lady that we had some things at our church coming up and that we would like for her come!!! The lady was also shocked. Autumn said her response was..."Who, me...ok." I am so proud of Autumn, she is just so willing to get out there and love people and spread the Good News!!! Please join me in praying for my little girl as the Lord grows her for His kingdom...pray that she will never lose that passion for Christ!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome! Proud of A!!!
What we all pray for for our children! Please pray for my Jman. He seems so close some days to making a profession and then other days, he doesn't seem to hear or understand anything we read from the Word daily!!!

Quiltermama said...

Go bold little girl go!!! :-)

Kathleen said...

That is so awesome, Shelly. She is such a precious girl!