Tuesday, April 1, 2008

OK...

This is not one of those posts that I was planning on posting...not one of those great ideas that have now been forgotten...just a simple post for prayers.

Yesterday Hannah woke up with a small cough. Nothing to bad, just bothersome for her. Around 2 pm she seemed different. Not her bubbly self. I decided to check her temp....100.7, not bad...gave Tylenol. I had already called the nurse about her cough and was waiting for her to call back. 2:30, Nurse calls. Confirms all my thoughts, not worried. 4:30, check temp again...102.8...ok...starting to worry...Tylenol is not working...can't give her anymore yet....HELP! She is really fussing and seems to be getting warmer and warmer. We snuggle. 6:00, check temp again...103.6...YIKES!! Mommy freaking out now!!! Start searching for Motrin...where is it??? can't find it??? My baby needs it now!!! whew, found it...gave Motrin. I called a friend...she walked me through what needed to be done...bath time!! It is amazing how baths work little miracles. She immediately starts playing. Smiling! Laughing! There is my love bug!!! After bath temp....103.9...what??? Don't freak out!! Breathe!! Okay...give it time...it is not going to make a difference yet....more playing and snuggling. 7:15, temp....103...yeah...coming down. Whew!!! I know that they say that is ok and and not harmful, but for me I can't take it. My mind just starts thinking all the bad possible things that could happen to her. She did pretty good the rest of the night...fever came down to normal...and she slept on and off (between the coughing). Alarm goes off at 6:15 am....not yet...need more sleep!! Trey comes in with Autumn..."I don't think she can go to school today...she has a rash all over her". I get up...look at it...Fifth's disease! Well, Hannah already has a doc appt...now Autumn is going too!! Yep, confirmed she has it!! And maybe that is what Hannah is fighting as well. HELP!!!! I know it is really no big deal. It is treatable with lotion, Tylenol and Motrin. But why us?? She is not contagious anymore... but she was a few days ago. Sorry for anyone that was around her and has now been exposed. So the girls are home today with me. Hannah is sleeping ( why am I awake??) and Autumn is watching a movie.


Yep, that was my night!! FUN FUN FUN is the Schultz house!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly Mallett said...

Sending prayers your way...I know that sickness is no fun. Keep me up to date and hopefully if everyone is well that I will see you tonight. :-)

Kathleen said...

Hope everyone is feeling better now. Our kiddos have had that and it is scary looking but thankfully, not too bad.