Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary


15 years ago today, Trey and I committed our lives to each other under God. I am so thankful to God that he lead us together...we really do make a great team!! 15 years together seems like forever but really it doesn't even feel like 7 years either!! In the past 15 years we have moved 8 times, lived out of state (but only for 7 months because he couldn't stand to be away from Texas or his mom), had 4 children, lost 9 close family members, changed jobs countless times, made some wonderful friends, lost some friends, witnessed countless miracles, loved a lot, and the list could go on and on. We have truly been blessed by the Lord!! I really didn't know how we were going to make it after year 2!! Oh man was it rough!!!! But, with the words from Tim Skaggs..."there is nothing that you can't get through if Christ is the foundation of your relationship." Even though in the begining we were not strong in our faith, we still believed that God had lead us together and that was more important than what was going on in our lives at that time....no matter how much we didn't like each other :) There were times when I told God..."if something doesn't change, I am going to kill him!!!" HaHa! Not really, it just felt like it. Being married at 18, was difficult...but I would do it all again!! My man is AMAZING!! He makes me feel so special and he is the only man that can make me beautiful!! So, I am going to list 15 things about my honey that I love....here goes:



1. His faith in Christ

2. His willingness to serve Christ no matter the cost

3. The love he has for his children

4. His selflessness when it comes to helping others

5. His commitment he has for his family

6. His crooked smile

7. His mullett (really it has not changed in 15 years)

8. His country boy accent

9. How he is ALL REDNECK!!!!

10. The was that he looks at me...especially on Sunday mornings!

11. The way he looks in Wranglers and his cowboy hat....oh dang!!!!

12. How he calls me 4 or 5 times a day! (every break he gets he calls!)

13. How he holds me at night

14. The way he kisses me

15. All the love notes he leaves me in the mornings!! (like he did while we were dating)


That is only a few of the reasons my honey is so special to me!! I can not imagine my life without him! I love him so much :)

4 comments:

brickmomma said...

you are one blessed woman!

Kimberly Mallett said...

OK, so can you tell us what you ended up doing for your anniversary??? I am in suspense!

Becky said...

You forgot to list "The way he picks on Mrs. Day"!!! :o)
Great guy for a great gal!!!
You guys are the Best together!!!
Many, many more wonderful years together!!! :o)

trace33 said...

just trying to remember my code