Friday, January 18, 2008

Feeling Blessed Beyond Belief!!

okay...so today was my first day back to work since my mother passed away. I was a little reluctant but went anyway with a smile on my face. I was doing OK until a friend came in my classroom and gave me a surprise. She reached into her purse and pulled out an envelope with my name on it. I could see through the envelope and knew right away what was inside. She turned to leave and all I could say was "NO WAY!!". It was so overwhelming to me that I began to cry then sob. Inside the envelope was an answer to a prayer that I had just prayed yesterday. After reviewing our bills and upcoming paychecks, it became apparent to me that we would be short for the month. Since my mother passed away so suddenly, there was no time to plan for time off from work. Trey took the whole week off knowing that he did not have anytime coming... no vacation left... no sick days left... nothing. He was just willing to take a cut in our pay for me. I needed him! He knew that, and he told me that he was relying on God to make it happen. Everything has been a blur. I really have not had anytime to think about anything other than my family. And yesterday I prayed to God asking him to send what we needed to get through this month....AND HE DID!! Our God is loving, compassionate, all knowing, and a wonderful provider. He knew we would need help before we did. He knew that we would be relying on him to provide. He knew the day that my mother was going to come home before we did! How amazing that He had already worked things out before I even asked. Our friends are so amazing and faithful to God and those who serve him. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done for us...the love that each of you have shown is felt and appreciated. I pray that God in return blesses each of you for your kindness and generosity.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

TBSHARP said...

We all love you Shelly and even though I didn't contribute, I am so glad that your central family can be there for you!!!

Shannon said...

Hi, Shelly!! I'm not sure exactly how I got here, but it's good to see you blogging. What an incredible, extravagant display of God's love for you that was. Beyond the physical need met, I know that ministered to your spirit, too. We've been praying for you and your family!! Blog on...

brickmomma said...

It blessed me, too. To see the generosity and the selflessness and the love.

You are treasured!