Monday, January 21, 2008

"I had a dream...."

No pun intended...

Ok, all you moms have probably heard at one time or another one of your kiddos say..."Mommy last night I had a dream...." Well lately that seems to be the hot topic at our house. I am never sure how the sentence will finish or even if I want to hear it. That may sound horrible but it is true. I have heard so many dreams lately that I couldn't tell you if I was dreaming or not. Then there are those that just touch you and you will remember forever. Well that is what happened yesterday after church. We are in the car headed home and this little voice could be heard from the back seat saying..."Mommy I had a dream last night..." I sighed thinking it was going to be about some monster eating the house or some crazy story about what happened at school. Reluctantly I responded.."Oh really...what was your dream?" My oldest, Autumn, began telling me about a dream that I believe everyone in the family has had recently but no one was brave enough to share. She said..."it was about Nana (my mom). I dreamed that she came back alive and told me that something was broken inside her body but the doctors fixed it and that she was all better now." My heart just sank.. I think I had the same dream every night since the 6th. Bless her little heart, she misses her Nana so much!! Trey and I looked at each other, smiled, and reassured her that it was just a dream. Nana's earthly body was "broken" but her heavenly body was alive and well in Heaven with Jesus. Even though this past 2 weeks have been hard, I have been finding many opportunities to minister to my children which in turn ministers to me. So the next time your little one says "Mommy, last night I had a dream..", listen carefully. It maybe a perfect opportunity to share God's perfect plan with them :>

3 comments:

Becky said...

(I hope I am not posting twice! Not sure it worked the first time!)
Great blog! Great story! Losing a Nana is one of life's hardest things! I know you all miss her very much!
I've pondered blogging.........figure who would want to read it?!! Got as far as the profile and backed out! Maybe one day??!!
xoxo,Becky

Shannon said...

Wow. I'm glad Autumn shared that with you. Talking about the loss of your mom is probably the best thing your family can do.

Becky - I don't know you, but think about blogging as being for yourself. And if someone reads and comments, well, that's even better! Just say what's on your mind, share funny stories, and be yourself!

Kathleen said...

It's wonderful that you all can talk about what you are feeling. I was so sorry to hear about Nana, Shelly. Please let us know if you need anything at all. We love you all!